Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School's in session

Sammi started the 7th grade today! I can't believe I have a kid old enough for Jr. High. She had a half day yesterday where they got to open their lockers and meet their teachers. Then last night I went with her to back to school night. It amazes me how independent she is- already feeling secure about her teachers. The only thing she was worried about was lunch...and I have to say I was a bit confused about how they have it set up too.

Now Peter and I are all alone (until the baby arrives that is) and I am sure it's quite comical to watch me try to lift him and bend over to get things with my stomach getting so big!

So goodbye to crayons and hello to highlighters, which are required for nearly all her classes!
I'm so proud of her- did I mention she is taking Algebra 1! I barely made it through that class in the 10th grade!

2 comments:

christy Hansen said...

I loved seeing all the kids out at the bus stop for juniour high!!! Wow. And when Ron and Dallin were leaving in the morning, Ron saw Jason Curtis on our porch hidding from Makenna trying to take pictures! It was so funny! Mostly because last year that was me. :)

heather said...

How crazy. She's such a good girl.