Unintentional space here due to my bad scanning abilities
This year Grandpa was invited to ride in the Wagon Days parade as one of the "Grand Marshals Past". Grand Marshals usually have to be born and raised in Ketchum, which he was not, but Gammie was. She was the Grand Marshal years ago, but passed away so they asked him to come in her place. He grumbled about it quite a bit, but in the end he smiled the whole time. My Aunt Becky got him all dressed up for the occasion!
Grandpa tipping his hat to us.
Gammie.
A lot of the family was able to come and see Grandpa.
Check out the Ore Wagons and Budweiser Clydesdale's.
Gammie and Grandpa lived on the ranch full time, so it was always kept up, but after she passed away he lost interest (lonely of course). They had a beautiful rock and wildflower garden that was published in the magazine "High Altitude", add campaigns for "Marlboro" (no, none of us smoke) have been shot there.
We decided to try and clean some things up, since we want everything to last for another 100 years. Here are some pics of before Gammie passed, before we did any work, and after.
The Ranch in "better days"
The Ranch after a little mowing
After a lot of mowing we were able to play games out in the yard- thanks to Scotty B's purchase of toys. Julie ultimately won the bad mitten tourney, but I pretty sure that her side of the court was smaller than mine!
There is still a lot to do, and since we are not there everyday, we have to let the garden go, but at least we have pics and memories of beautiful it was.
Sammi at the River (age 3)- Peter at the River (age 20 mo.)
You can see how much things have grown over the years.
I have lots of non digital pics showing the earlier times- but they are not scanning well.
There was a big fire in Idaho last year- it came very close to the house, the fireman flooded the hill and basement to prevent it from catching fire. You can see some of the devastation. Luckily no homes were lost.
Before the fire (left)- After the fire (right)
Even though things don't look the same- we still love it. I mean how many people have a place like this to go? You can be jealous- I am even jealous and I can go there any time I want!







1 comment:
It does look lovely. I love all of the collage pictures. And your right, i'm jealous.
Post a Comment