Okay, I wasn't going to post this, but I just had to.
Last Saturday a few of us gathered to play a favorite game of mine.
This is a replica of the original 1961 "Barbie- Queen of the Prom" Game. I can thank my brother (yes that's right, a real live man) for the introduction.

This is a replica of the original 1961 "Barbie- Queen of the Prom" Game. I can thank my brother (yes that's right, a real live man) for the introduction.
It has become a family institution (yes, we are a little strange).
Why would anyone admit to playing this game you ask- well, here's the story.
A few months back Heather came to the door to drop something off and asked what we were up to. "Queen of the Prom" Sammi told her, as if this was a totally normal statement. The look on Heathers face was priceless. Pretty soon, some other friends were asking me about it, so I decided I could "keep it in the family" no longer. A date was set and 4 of us gathered (we missed all who could not come!) to see just who would be queen.
Em won the first round in spectacular fashion, with Bob as her date (I forget what dress and club). Heather immediately demanded a rematch, (having bought no dress)saying "life isn't always about a dress, you need money and a boyfriend!". But, alas, life isn't always about the money and boyfriend either (Heather having both early on in the rematch), sometimes it's about making sure your hem isn't down, which mine was, three times- leaving the door WIDE open for our second Queen- Amanda! I believe Amanda had Poindexter (despite his poem writing about other girls) as her man (again I forget what dress and club).
We had a fun time munching on Chips, cheese dip (yum- velveeta), Mexican bean salad (not sure is that's the name- but delicious), M&M/Chocolate Chip cookie bars, and Carmel corn.
James suggested next time we invite husbands to play- he loves it, seeing the "girly cattiness" in your hubby is quite an adventure!
So, there you have it, the first QotP game night- hope there are more to come ladies!
7 comments:
how fun! my hubby HATES games. well, not baseball, basketball or football games...
I am so down for another night. I WILL be queen of the prom! (See, I'm already snotty enough).
Next time we can play Qotp while the guys play Risk or something.
That night was so much fun--except for the 2 am thing! I've been telling everyone about this game--it's too fun! I'm ready to play again!
Okay, where can I get this game? It sounds almost too fun! BTW, have you read the Twilight series? If so, you should come to the BD party with us on Friday. Let me know.
When are we getting together again? So fun! I think it would be great with hubbies!!
This sounds so fun!
Sounds like I am way out of the loop! I have been burried in the preschool and not blog stalking for awhile...When you were talking about it the other night, I thought you were just throwing out the name of a game. Not a real game! It really does sound like a lot of fun! You don't think we can play it for the teacher appreciation night, huh?
Post a Comment